18 – 20 June 2020 • Dresden, Germany
We are closely monitoring the situation of the COVID-19 virus and following the recommendations of the governmental authorities. Regarding all upcoming conferences and congresses, we are in constant contact with the relating board of the society and the conference chair(s). Together we are reevaluating the situation on a weekly basis, based on the current insights and guidelines of governmental authorities, in particular of the RKI (Robert Koch Institute).
At present, our main focus is on preparing and organizing all events as scheduled. In this regard, precautionary measures are being discussed, planned and will be implemented. Thus, panic is to be prevented and avoided.
These precautionary measures include:
• monitoring registered participants/speakers from „Hot-Spot-Areas“
• communicating the current situation and precautionary measures to the participants
• implementation of a conference related hotline
• risk assessment in exchange with the local health authorities
• broad distribution of explicit posters with instructions for hygienic measures
• provision of alcohol-based hand rub or soap on site
• provision of breathing protection for the respiratory sick
• proper spacing within the seating in lecture halls
• availability of premises for transmissions
• live transmissions of presentations
• vacant room(s) for persons with unresolved health situations
These measures are already applied to during our recent conferences and will also be implemented at future events. Of course lesson learned will be exchanged and used across all of our events.